Because the Significant Event happens in the distant past, the film deals with the results and aftermath of that event (a post-apocalyptic world).
- Nausicaa saves Lord Yupa from the ohm and leads it back to the Jungle
- Lord Yupa returns to the Valley of the Wind
- The Tolmekian ship (with the Giant Warrior) crashes in the Valley of the wind
- Kushana and her warriors arrive in the Valley of the Wind
- Kushana and her Tolmekian airships are attacked by Asbel
- Nausicaa, Kushana, Mito, and others land in the Jungle
- Nausicaa and Asbel discover the Cave
- Mito returns with Kushana and they meet at Acid Lake
- The Villagers attempt to destroy the Spores and Kushana escapes
- Nausicaa and Asbel are captured in Pejite
- The Villagers steal a tank and take refuge at Acid Lake to prepare for war with the Tolmekians
- Tolmekian airship attacks the Pejite ship and Nausicaa escapes
- Mito shoots down the Tolmekian airship and drops off Lord Yupa on the Pejite airship
- Mito and Nausicaa race back to the Valley in the gunship
- Mito drops off Nausicaa to save the ohm
- Kushaha releases her prisoners and starts war with the Villagers
- Mito returns and warns both sides that a herd of Ohms are coming
- Nausicaa saves the Ohm
- Kushana revives the Giant Warrior to defeat the Ohm
- Nausicaa is dropped off in front of the Ohm herd
- Nausicaa sacrifices her life for the Village
- The Ohms resurrect Nausicaa and the wind returns to the Valley
- The Villagers, Asbel, and Nausicaa celebrate
- The Airspace/Clouds
- The Toxic Jungle
- The Valley of the Wind
- The Cave beneath the Toxic Jungle
- The Pejite City
- World 1 – The Valley of the Wind (Ordinary World)
- World 2 – Captured by the Tolmekians (Magical World)
- World 3 – Saving the World from the Ohms (Transfigured World)
28 – Total
Genre (Blake Snyder)
- Whydunit – A mystery must be solved by a heroine during which something shocking is revealed about the dark side of human nature.
- Institutionalized – A heroine enters or is already entrenched inside a certain group, institution, establishment, or family and must make a choice to join, escape, or destroy it.
- Superhero – A extraordinary heroine finds herself in an ordinary world and must come to terms with being special or destined for greatness.
- Monster in the House – A heroine (or group of heroines) must overcome some kind of monster (supernatural or not), in some kind of enclosed setting (or limited circumstances), and someone is usually responsible for bringing the monster into being.